Public Works Update

Flushable but not dissolvable wipes – Just because you CAN flush it does not mean you SHOULD flush it. Even wipes labeled as “flushable” can lead to toilet and pipe blockages. Please dispose of floatable, flushable wipes in the garbage to avoid possible sewer back-ups.

Secondary water – Clean your filters and have your valves turned off prior to April 15th. Do not turn the city valve on or off. To request assistance with the city valve, please submit a fix-it ticket on the website, or for emergency shut off’s, call 801-825-7235. We expect to have the system to full pressure by April 21, 2021.** Please call Public Works if you do not have secondary water by then.

When would I need an excavation permit? Excavation permits are required for any work that is performed inside the city right-of-way (i.e., road, sidewalk, park-strip) that requires cutting asphalt, concrete, or excavations deeper than 6 inches. Examples may include widening a drive approach, repairing underground utilities, and so forth. Permits are obtained at Public Works and online.

Remember to call 811 for Blue Stakes before you start installing fences, landscaping, sprinklers, RV Pads, accessory buildings, swimming pools, trampoline pits, or anything that requires digging. It is a state law to contact Blue Stakes of Utah at least two full business days prior to any digging in order to have all utilities marked. Some utilities are located in back yards. Please be aware that if Blue Stakes is called for a project on or near your property, utility companies and city employees may need to enter your back yard to mark the utilities that are located in the back yard. This increases safety awareness to you or your contractor by knowing where underground utilities are located, so they do not risk damaging utilities. Blue Stake requests may also be submitted online at

**Some of this info may no longer be accurate. For up to date info on secondary water, please visit

Leave a Reply