On August 9, the council met and took the following actions:
- After holding a truth in taxation hearing, the council approved raising the property tax rate to 0.001689%. This increase will fund multiple additional positions, including the necessary paramedic service that the county no longer provides, an additional police officer, two park maintenance workers, a facilities maintenance technician, a public information specialist, and an HR specialist.
- Finalized approval of the mixed-use development application for the Southeast corner of 2000 West and SR-193 that includes a hospital, offices, retail, townhomes, and multi-family housing.
- Approved changes to the city code governing the scope of the planning commission, as well as the organization of the youth council.
- Approved the re-appointment of Libby Fawcett to the Arts Council.
- Authorized the sale of a detention basin in the Walnut Grove subdivision.
- Amended the code and fee schedule related to secondary water violations.
- Changed youth court administration to allow for compensation of the coordinator.
- Discussed challenges in filling crossing guard positions for the 2022-2023 school year.
BE A PART OF MEETINGS
The city council normally meets on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month. Meetings are being held in person and are also available on Zoom and YouTube. Public comment is welcome.