The City Council held its regular business meeting on October 10, 2023. Here are some of the significant actions taken at the meeting:
- Approved the annual Interlocal Cooperation
Agreement with Davis County for dispatch services.
- Amended City Code Section 3.45 pertaining to the Syracuse Arts Council to require the President and Treasurer of the board, along with 2/3 of the board members, to be Syracuse City residents.
Special recognitions included:
- A moment of silence in honor of Assistant Police Chief Heath Rogers.
- The Syracuse Lions Club for ten years of service through the Volunteers in Police Services (VIPS) program.
- Victim Advocate Celeste Hopkin for receiving the Salt Lake City Police Department Chief’s Special Recognition Award for the Victim Advocate Team 2019.
- The American Founders and Constitution Month Essay Contest winners were announced.
BE A PART OF MEETINGS
The next regularly scheduled City Council meetings are to be held at City Hall on November 14 and 28, at 6 p.m. Residents may attend in person, via Zoom, or watch online via YouTube.
Stay informed about City Council meetings and agendas by subscribing to the City’s Notify Me list here: syracuseut.gov/list.aspx.