Library Expansion

Construction on the old Syracuse Library began in the middle of November, helping to ready the building for its large expansion. The renovation and expansion will invigorate the community around it.  “We are very excited to be able to move forward. We appreciate the patience of our patrons. We will not be able to keep the library open during construction because it would not be … Continue reading Library Expansion

Monday Fun Day Activities

How to have fun when it’s too cold outside I don’t know about your family, but on those cold days, especially if we don’t have snow, we find ourselves spending way too much time in front of electronics. Coming up with ideas to keep the kiddos entertained on those days can be quite challenging. Pinterest has loads of ideas. Crafts, games, sewing projects and baking … Continue reading Monday Fun Day Activities

Don’t Be Almost, Decide to Be!

I used to have a serious problem with goals. I have always been a bit of a perfectionist and that can be painful when you set goals. Because if you set goals that stretch you, you are bound to fail sometimes, if not often. That does not sit well in the over-particular brain of a perfectionist. I became so frustrated with goals several years ago that … Continue reading Don’t Be Almost, Decide to Be!

Local Author Spotlight: John Lott

Syracuse houses many creative minds, one of them being John Lott. He has written four series, with three of them still in progress.  Mr. Lott isn’t only an author; he has been a teacher for 14 years and currently teaches sixth grade at Wasatch Peak Academy. “I love to bounce ideas off the kids [I teach]. If they don’t understand it, then I know I … Continue reading Local Author Spotlight: John Lott

Making Dreams Come to Life

During the months of October and November there have been many events for the five children in Syracuse that have qualified for one of their wishes to be granted by the Make-A-Wish Utah foundation.  The Syracuse Police Department has set a goal to raise $25,000 dollars by December 10th, when their final event will take place – Guns n’ Hoses. This will be a basketball … Continue reading Making Dreams Come to Life

Student of the Month

Lyla Wilson is a sixth grade student at Syracuse Arts Academy- Antelope Elementary. She always has a positive attitude with everyone and is always smiling. She takes pride in what she does and is willing to help.  Lyla is a natural leader with excellent leadership skills. She accepts responsibility without being asked or prompted. She is a member of our show choir and has had … Continue reading Student of the Month

Senior Citizens Calendar

SENIOR CITIZENS MONTHLY MOVIE Wednesday, December 12, 2018 @ 1 p.m. (Christopher Robin/Grandkids are welcome) FREE ~ Please RSVP BUS TRIP #1 Saturday, December 8, 2018 (Leaves at 5:45 p.m.) Lark & Spur Christmas Concert/Viridian Event Center $2.00/per person (Payment due at time of Reservation) BUS TRIP #2 Saturday, December 15, 2018 (Leaves at 5:00 p.m.) The Nutcracker/Peery’s Egyptian Theater, Ogden $17/per person (Payment due … Continue reading Senior Citizens Calendar

School Events for December

Syracuse High School Dec 1 – Boys Basketball Corner Canyon Tournament, Swimming Davis District Meet @ South Davis Rec Center 8 AM to 10 AM, Wrestling Syracuse Scuffle 9:30AM to 7PM @ home Dec 3 – 14 Holiday Fundraiser Dec 3 – Parent Teacher Conference 3 PM to 6:45 PM Dec 4 – Wrestling Syracuse vs. Westlake 3 PM to 6 PM, Boys Basketball Syracuse … Continue reading School Events for December

Holiday Fun

Burger Stop Hayrides in the Park -Dec 1, 14 & 15 – 5:30 PM to 8 PM, Go on an old-fashion hayride and enjoy the pretty lights in the park. After, kids can sit on Santa’s lap.Adults $2, Children $1 (Under 5 Years are FREE) – All Proceeds are donated to charity. (burgerstoplayton.com) Christmas in Color, Nov. 23-Dec. 31, Monday-Thursday, 5:30-10 PM.; Friday-Saturday, 5:30-10:30 PM, … Continue reading Holiday Fun

Crystal Hot Springs

Tucked at the base of the mountains just east of Honeyville, Utah is a world renowned mineral hot spring resort called Crystal Hot Springs. I actually spent a large part of my childhood living just around the corner from the resort. It was always one of my favorite places to swim and we still enjoy visiting with our family today, especially since my parents’ ranch … Continue reading Crystal Hot Springs